Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tell the kids they're eating bat wings and they are sure to request them even when its not Halloween! These are GREAT for your next Halloweenie Party, but for anytime really! Preparation time does not include marinating time.
- 20 (3 1/2 lb) chicken wings
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated or 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 3 tablespoons coarse ground mustard
- chives, fresh, whole, to garnish
- Place wings in a plastic bag set in a shallow dish.
- In a small bowl stir together soy sauce, ginger, crushed red pepper, five-spice
- powder and garlic. Pour over wings.
- Close bag, and toss to coat.
- Chill in refrigerator several hours or overnight, turning bag occasionally.
- Remove wings from bag, reserving marinade.
- Place wings on a foil-lined 15x10x1" baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 450 oven, for 10 minutes.
- Brush with reserved marinade (discard remaining marinade).
- Bake 15-20 minutes longer, or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Serve with Swamp Dip.
- Swamp Dip:.
- In a small bowl stir together sour cream and coarse ground mustard.
- Garnish with fresh whole chives.
- Serve with Bat Wings.
These wings had a nice flavour, and made a great halloween party dish for the family. I do prefer my wings more saucy and sticky than these though, but thanks for a nice halloween dish!
Great wings that everyone dug into and gobbled up at our Haunted Halloween Party. We will make these again next year!