Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found on recipelu-digest and posted for ZWT5
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallots or 1 scallion, minced
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon rosemary, crumbled
- 1 egg yolk
- Place chicken breasts between two sheets of wax paper and pound lightly with a mallet or other heavy flat object to flatten to 1/4 inch thick.
- Heat 1 teaspoons oil in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium low heat. Saute‚ shallot 1-2 minutes or until softened. Transfer shallot to a bowl and set aside.
- Stir next 4 ingredients and salt and pepper to taste into bowl with shallot. Add 1/2 teaspoons oil and egg yolk and lightly toss.
- Heat remaining oil in same skillet over medium high heat. Saute‚ chicken 3 minutes per side. Turn on broiler. Place chicken breasts on an ovenproof platter. Press a portion of crumb mixture onto one side of each chicken breast until breadcrumb mixture is 1/4 inch thick. Place chicken on broiler pan, crumb side up, and broil 1 minute or until golden. Serve crumb side up.
Very quick & easy recipe. A lot lighter than the breadcrumb & mayo chicken my family requests. DS loved this chicken more than any other, eating his & then my leftovers (large pieces of chicken). He especially liked the crumb topping. DH & I both felt there were too many crumbs, but when even toddler DD eats the chicken, we KNOW it's a good recipe! I only used about 1/2 cup of the crumb mixture so next time I'll just cut the breadcrumbs down by half, leaving everything else the same & I think this recipe will be a 5 star for all four of us! :) Thanks for posting, lazy g! Made & enjoyed for ZWT 5 - Ali Baba's Babes.