Recipe by Bergy
Well it's Saturday night and I couldn't find a burger that just sounded right for me so I played around a bit and came up with this one - It is not earth shaking NEW but combines my favorite condiments and a couple of sauces etc. Important ! Use good quality lean minced beef. I like to cover my burger in the pan, but some say it makes the burger taste like meat loaf so I say cook your burger as you like to - BBQ, grill, pan fry open - it's up to you and your taste buds. I like to make 6 oz patties so add 1/2 lb meat if you do too.
Top Review by lazyme
Yum! What's not to love with the bacon, mushrooms, cheese and tomatoes on this burger. I pan-fried mine and assembled this great burger. Needed lots of napkins to eat it! Thanks Bergy for a nice dinner. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Tag.
- 453.59 g minced lean beef
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, squashed or 29.58 ml chopped prepared fried garlic
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 9.85 ml hot sauce (I used Denzil's Kamakazi)
- 8 slice bacon, cut in half
- 473.18 ml fresh mushrooms, sliced
- salt & pepper
- 8 slice tomatoes
- 8 slice cheese
- 4 slice sweet onions (1/4-inch thick)
- mixed baby lettuces and spring greens or lettuce, of your choice enough to cover 4 buns
- 4 kaiser rolls or 4 your favorite hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix your hamburger meat with the Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and garlic, season with salt and pepper form into 4 patties.
- Turn your element on high and start to pan fry your patties, fry the bacon along side.
- When the pan starts smoking turn to medium heat (5 on my electric stove) and flip the burger and bacon, drain off a bit of the bacon grease.
- Add mushrooms and cover the pan, continue cooking on medium heat for approx 5 minutes, flip burger again, turn heat to 1 and continue to finish cooking the burger.
- Meanwhile melt your cheese on the buns under the broiler--don't burn!
- You are now ready to assemble all the goodies.
- Place burger on bottom half of the bun top with mushrooms.
- On the top half of the bun place lettuce, tomato, onion and bacon.
- For easy consumption cut each burger into four.
- Serve with oven fries.