24 hrs 30 mins
Great jelly to go with crackers and cheese
My Private Note
- 1Place apples in a large pan with enough water to cover.
- 2Add bergamot leaves.
- 3Simmer till apples are soft and pulpy, then pour though a jelly bag.
- 4Leave juice to drip through overnight.
- 5Measure juice and for each 2½ cups, add 1½ cups of sugar.
- 6Over a low heat stir to dissolve the sugar, then raise heat and bring to boil.
- 7Boil till setting point is reached.
- 8To test, place a tsp of juice on a cold plate. If a skin forms quickly then the jelly is ready. Pour into warm, sterile jars and float a fresh bergamot leaf in each jar.
- 9Seal and cover.
- 10Process 5 minutes in boiling water bath.
Browse Our Top Jellies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bergamot Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (2553 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 78.6
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: