3 hrs 40 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
Ben's chocolate is about as rich as they come according to Ben & Jerry's book
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt chocolate in top of double boiler over hot, not boiling water.
- 2Gradually whisk in the milk and heat, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- 3Remove from the heat and let cool.
- 4Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light a fluffly, 1-2 minutes.
- 5Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more.
- 6Add the cream, vanilla, and salt and whisk to blend.
- 7Pour the chocolate mixture into the cream mixture and blend.
- 8Cover and refrigerate until cold, about 1 to 3 hours, depending upon your refrigerator.
- 9Transfer the mixture to you ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's directions.
- 10Note: I don't believe that it's necessary to follow the directions for making the base particularly carefully.
- 11I heated the cream to almost-boiling and then poured over the chopped chocolate- much easier than the double boiler.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ben's Chocolate
Serving Size: 1 (899 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2478.4
- Calories from Fat 1496
- Total Fat 166.2 g
- Saturated Fat 100.1 g
- Cholesterol 783.2 mg
- Sodium 532.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 253.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.8 g
- Sugars 202.4 g
- Protein 40.0 g