Recipe by - Carla -
From the book: Ben & Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream & Dessert Book", by Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield. Semisweet chocolate, white chocolate, chocolate covered almonds, pecans — how can you not love this Ben & Jerry's perennial favorite? Give yourself an hour or so and you'll have a dessert to die for.
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped white chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecan halves
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup halved chocolate-covered almonds
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the coarsely chopped chocolates, pecans, walnuts, and chocolate-covered almonds in a bowl, cover, and refrigerate.
- Melt the unsweetened chocolate in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water.
- Whisk in the milk, a little at a time, and heat, stirring constantly, until smooth; remove from the heat and let cool.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more.
- Add the cream, vanilla, and salt and whisk to blend.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the cream mixture and blend.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold, about 1 to 3 hours, depending on your refrigerator.
- Transfer the cream mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following the manufacturer's instructions.
- After the ice cream stiffens (about 2 minutes before it is done), add the chocolate and nuts, then continue freezing until the ice cream is ready.
- Serve and Enjoy!