1/3 Photos of Belinda's Version of Carino's Chicken Scaloppini
Belinda in Austin, TX's Note:
I took a copycat Macaroni Grill recipe and adapted it to have "Carino's ingredients" (except for mushrooms, which I don't care for, but you could add them with the onions, if desired). My friends and I, who are all Carino's Chicken Scallopini freaks LOVED this! Hope you do, too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ounces lemon juice
- 3 ounces white wine
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- 3/4 lb butter
- 1 3/4 lbs chicken tenders (or boneless breasts, pounded thin)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2-3/4 cup flour, seasoned with garlic pepper salt
- 12 slices pre- cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced (I used purple, for color)
- 12 ounces thin spaghetti, cooked
- 1Cook pasta; drain. (While it is cooking, prepare chicken and veggies, and then sauce.).
- 2Chicken: Dredge chicken in seasoned flour; melt about 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet. Cook chicken until lightly browned and just cooked through (don't overcook, or it won't be tender).
- 3Remove from pan, and keep warm.
- 4Veggies: Saute the onions (in the remaining butter/oil) until fairly tender. (You could add mushrooms at this point, if desired.) Then add bacon and tomatoes, and toss until heated through. Remove from pan, and add to drained spagetti noodles.
- 5Sauce: Heat the lemon juice and wine to a boil; simmer and reduce by 1/3. Add cream and simmer until thickened (3-4 minutes). Slowly add butter, and stir until completely melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Place chicken tenders atop the noodles, pour on the sauce, and gently stir to completely mix all ingredients.
- 7Update: I tried this, using prebreaded/precooked chicken breast strips (the real thing, not "formed"), which I thawed slightly, and then cooked in the pan (as in the original recipe). I also subbed real bacon bits, for the precooked bacon slices, and chopped tomatoes (from a jar). This cut out some time and steps, and it was still great! I only used 2 sticks of butter, and it's still plenty rich, too.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Belinda's Version of Carino's Chicken Scaloppini
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1061.0
- Calories from Fat 643
- Total Fat 71.4 g
- Saturated Fat 39.6 g
- Cholesterol 253.8 mg
- Sodium 824.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 50.1 g