It is something of a timing feat for one cook to have the asparagus hot and crisp, the crumbs golden, and the Eggs Mollet all done at the proper time, so a shift from mollet to hard cooked eggs is perfectly in order if you wish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a heavy frying pan over medium heat, sauté crumbs in butter until they are crisp and deep golden and butter is slightly browned.
- 2Meantime, cook asparagus in gently boiling salted water until just tender crisp; drain well.
- 3Arrange asparagus on two warm serving plates. Top each serving with 2 eggs mollet. Season asparagus and eggs with salt.
- 4Pour bubbling crumbs over top. Sprinkle with parsley and chives. Garnish with lemon wedges. Pass pepper grinder. Makes 2 supper servings.
- 5EGGS MOLLET: Have 4 eggs at room temperature. In a saucepan, bring to a rapid boil enough water to cover the eggs. Place each egg on a spoon and lower it into the water. Reduce heat until water barely simmers, and cook eggs for exactly 6 minutes. Drain immediately and plunge into cold water. Peel and cut in half lengthwise.
- 6Home Cooking Around The World.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Belgium Butter Crumbed Asparagus Eggs for Two
Serving Size: 1 (585 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 943.6
- Calories from Fat 546
- Total Fat 60.7 g
- Saturated Fat 33.3 g
- Cholesterol 545.0 mg
- Sodium 1068.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 31.5 g