Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
It is something of a timing feat for one cook to have the asparagus hot and crisp, the crumbs golden, and the Eggs Mollet all done at the proper time, so a shift from mollet to hard cooked eggs is perfectly in order if you wish.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fine soft french breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 4 eggs, mollet (recipe below) or 4 freshly cooked and finely chopped hard-boiled eggs
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons snipped fresh chives
- lemon wedge
- black pepper, in a grinder
- In a heavy frying pan over medium heat, sauté crumbs in butter until they are crisp and deep golden and butter is slightly browned.
- Meantime, cook asparagus in gently boiling salted water until just tender crisp; drain well.
- Arrange asparagus on two warm serving plates. Top each serving with 2 eggs mollet. Season asparagus and eggs with salt.
- Pour bubbling crumbs over top. Sprinkle with parsley and chives. Garnish with lemon wedges. Pass pepper grinder. Makes 2 supper servings.
- EGGS MOLLET: Have 4 eggs at room temperature. In a saucepan, bring to a rapid boil enough water to cover the eggs. Place each egg on a spoon and lower it into the water. Reduce heat until water barely simmers, and cook eggs for exactly 6 minutes. Drain immediately and plunge into cold water. Peel and cut in half lengthwise.
- Home Cooking Around The World.