Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I try to avoid carbs as much as possible and this recipe is just about the best thing ever. It's low in fat, high in nutrition but it does fill you up. These directions are for one, so just multiply the ingredients for however many you need. You can also use this recipe as a starter.
- 5 cleaned white asparagus
- 7 shrimp
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs
- parsley (to garnish)
- Fill a pot with enough water for the cleaned asparagus to be fully under. Add some salt. Place the pot on the stove and add the asparagus to the cold water. Turn on full heat and leave the asparagus in the water until it cooks.
- Peal the shrimp in the meantime and fry them with some butter in a pan. Season with plenty of salt, pepper en garlic. While they cook, go ahead and whisk your eggs in a bowl with some salt and pepper.
- When the shrimp are done, take them out and add some more butter to the pan. In this pan, make scrambled eggs. Making the eggs in the same pan will give them a great taste.
- When the water for the asparagus boils, turn off the heat but let the asparagus float in the water for about 5 minutes. To check if they are done, poke them with a fork, if the asparagus falls of before your fork leaves the water, they are done.
- Place asparagus on a plate, pile on the eggs and decorate with the shrimp. Use nice, green, fresh parsley for garnish.