Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
Yes this is *totally* cheating, *but* totally yum! Another *great* recipe from my Cajun French friends!
Top Review by Erindipity
I laughed when I saw this recipe. My dad would make these for us when we were growing up, he called them donuts, but coming from outside New Orleans it is a bit of an insult to call them beignets. For those who have never had a beignet, no these are nothing like them, but they are a very tasty treat that are a great fun thing to make the kids.
- 311.84 g can refrigerated biscuits, I use flaky ones
- 473.18 ml oil
- 59.14 ml powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- Remove biscuits from can and cut each in half and a 1 inch slit in the center to make a typical beignet shape.
- When oil is hot fry about 6 beignets at a time, turning often so they do not burn but turn a golden brown.
- Remove from oil and drain beignets on a paper towel.
- Place on serving plate and dust with powdered sugar.