Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Maple syrup makes this a nice and different side dish.
- 250 g beets, raw
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 small orange, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup maple sugar
- Scrape and slice beets.
- In pan combine beets with salt and water, bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and cook for 3 minutes longer, until liquid evaporates.
- Add margarine, orange slices and syrup.
- Cook slowly, turning beets to coat for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.