Prep 3 mins
Cook 25 mins
Add a little luxury with this deceptively simple side dish.
- 9 ounces beets, cooked
- 1 lemon, grated zest
- 2⁄3 cup cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350F, and butter a shallow oven-proof dish.
- Drain the beets and cut into 3-4mm thick slices. Arrange in the dish, overlapping them.
- Sprinkle the lemon zest over the beets, pour on the cream and season with salt & pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the top and brown under a hot broiler.
This is just delicious!!!!! I love the creamy lemon flavor with the sweet of the beet!!! I used whole wheat panko bread crumbs and after tasting, didn't think they were necessary but still gave a little crunch. The flavors are really great in this dish, thanks for posting!!!