Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The beet, better known as the beetroot down under, is very popular in Australia. This versatile beet salsa turns burgers and fish into something quite special! This recipe is from an Australian recipe website. Enjoy!
- 2 beets, trimmed
- 14.79 ml coarse grain mustard
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 29.58 ml fresh dill, chopped
- 1 shallot, trimmed, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- Wearing rubber gloves to avoid staining your hands, peel the beet. Coarsely grate the beet into a large glass or ceramic bowl.
- Combine the mustard and lemon juice in a small bowl. Stir the mustard mixture, dill and shallot into the grated beets. Season with salt and pepper.
Super easy. I will be serving it atop some vegan "burgers" tomorrow for lunch. My shallot was SUPER strong and I only used 1/2 of a bulb (thankfully). Next time I will add a splash of vinegar and use green onions instead of shallots. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT8 for Team Jammin Jazzberries for AUS/NZ.
I am not sure that I would call this a salsa, but whatever you call it, I am certainly making this again soon. I served it on Chipotle Bean Burgers and it meshed with those flavors so well, while adding a nice crunch. I think it is the mustard dill spicing that really makes this special. Keeps well too. (OK, for 48 hours anyway, which is how long our batch lasted).
Easy ro make and healthy too. A good no-cook recipe. I liked the tang of the lemon and mustard with the crunch of the beetroots. Reviewed for ZWT8 visit to Australia and New Zealand. Photo also to be posted