Recipe by Nif
The beet, better known as the beetroot down under, is very popular in Australia. This versatile beet salsa turns burgers and fish into something quite special! This recipe is from an Australian recipe website. Enjoy!
Top Review by JanuaryBride
Super easy. I will be serving it atop some vegan "burgers" tomorrow for lunch. My shallot was SUPER strong and I only used 1/2 of a bulb (thankfully). Next time I will add a splash of vinegar and use green onions instead of shallots. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT8 for Team Jammin Jazzberries for AUS/NZ.
- 2 beets, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 shallot, trimmed, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wearing rubber gloves to avoid staining your hands, peel the beet. Coarsely grate the beet into a large glass or ceramic bowl.
- Combine the mustard and lemon juice in a small bowl. Stir the mustard mixture, dill and shallot into the grated beets. Season with salt and pepper.