Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Taken from Self Magazine's article on celebrities' favorite dishes. Nutritional info: 167 calories, 11.4g fat (1.7g saturated)
- 4 medium golden beets or 4 medium red beets, stems and root ends removed
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 2 ounces low-fat goat cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wrap each beet in foil, and roast them until soft (~1 hour).
- Cool slightly, then remove foil.
- Rub off skins.
- Cut beets into wedges.
- Toss with nuts and vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper, and crumble cheese on top.