Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Company's Coming. Sounded interesting to me.
Make and share this Beet Jelly With Lemon recipe from Food.com.
- 6 large fresh beets, peeled and cut
- 5 cups water
- 3 cups reserved beet juice, plus water if needed
- 1 1⁄4 ounces unsweetened lemonade mix
- 1 (2 ounce) package fruit pectin crystals
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 pinch table salt
- Cook beets in water until tender. Drain and reserve juice.
- Combine reserved juice, drink powder and pectin in large pot. Stir and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil 6 minutes without stirring.
- Stir in sugar and salt. Return to a boil.
- Boil rapidly on high for 1 minute. Skim of foam.
- Pour into hot sterlized jars to within 1/4 inch of top. Place sterlized metal lids on jars and screw metal bands on securely. For added assurance against spoilage you may choose to process in a boiling water bath for 5 minutes.