Recipe by Beesa
I grew up making these pancakes with my Mum every Saturday morning. It's now become one of those comfort foods so I thought I would share. I have tried adding different things to this recipe and discovered it is really good with Cardamom as well, but either way they are great pancakes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
- 1 well beaten egg
- 1 -2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons melted shortening (butter or canola oil works)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix floor, baking powder, salt, sugar and cardamom.
- combine egg, milk and shortening; the amount of milk to use will depend upon the thickness of pancakes desired (like thick butter milk works well).
- pour into flour mixture and stir just enough to moisten the dry ingredients.
- do not beat!
- preheat griddle and medium to low heat.
- for ease, pour mixture onto griddle with soup laddle.
- flip when pancakes are covered with bubbles.