1 hr 5 mins
A nice quick spice cake. I usually make it at Christmas. Just added walnuts to the ingredients list, sorry I forgot them the first time!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- 3Sift together flour, baking powder, cloves, cinnamon, allspice baking soda and salt.
- 4Set aside.
- 5In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- 6Add egg and beat well.
- 7Add flour mixture alternately with beer and mix well to combine.
- 8Fold in the chopped walnuts.
- 9Pour into a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- 10Bake at 375 degrees F for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beer Spice Cake
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.0
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 56.9 mg
- Sodium 300.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 26.7 g
- Protein 4.6 g