Recipe by MARIA MAC *
This is a good, easy and different holiday appetizer. I have modified the recipe a little bit. The servings are a guess. I get about 20-24 out of this.
- 1 cup beer
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 (17 ounce) can crabmeat
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Bring beer and butter to boil. When butter melts, add flour and salt all at once.
- Cook over low heat, stirring until mixture leaves sides of pan. Remove from heat; beat in 1 egg at a time until dough is shiny. Drop by teaspoonfuls 1 inch apart on buttered baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes at 450°F Reduce temperature to 350°F; bake 10 minutes longer until browned and free of moisture.
- Cool, split and fill with crabmeat mixture or other desired filling.