Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
How about cooking with beer?
- 2 chicken fillets (300g)
- 200 ml beer
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon plum sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1 stalk spring onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 250 g new potatoes, boiled and halved
- 150 g spinach, blanched
- Marinate chicken in beer, chilli and plum sauces, pepper, salt, spring onion, garlic and corriander for at least 30 min.
- (Not more than 4 hours or else it will turn sour) Remove chicken from marinade and barbecue over a hot grill, basting with remaining marinade once in a while.
- Remove and set aside when chicken is cooked.
- Season potato and spinach with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- In a heated saucepan, reduce the remaining marinade until desired sauce consistency.
- To serve, top spinach with chicken and potatoes on the side and drizzle the sauce around and over.