Recipe by Carb Lover
This has to be the easiest bread in the world to make. Three ingredients THATS IT!! It is wonderful. You can change the flavor by using different beers.
- 3 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer (Killian's is the favorite right now)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup sugar (we do 3/4 cup for darker beers)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix the bisquick and the sugar.
- Then add the beer, I find it works better if the beer is room temperature. Mix gently to form the batter , but DO NOT OVERMIX. It may look a little lumpy but thats okay.
- Pour into a loaf pan (regular size about 9X3).
- Then pour the butter over the top.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 50 minutes.
- Check anywhere from 45 - 60 minutes since ovens vary.
- Take it out of the oven and let it sit about an hour before cutting. You can eat it right away but it may crumble a little. By letting it sit for a while you will get nice slices. We love it with stew or chili or plain with butter and jam.