Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
This has to be the easiest bread in the world to make. Three ingredients THATS IT!! It is wonderful. You can change the flavor by using different beers.
- 3 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer (Killian's is the favorite right now)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup sugar (we do 3/4 cup for darker beers)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- In a large bowl, mix the bisquick and the sugar.
- Then add the beer, I find it works better if the beer is room temperature. Mix gently to form the batter , but DO NOT OVERMIX. It may look a little lumpy but thats okay.
- Pour into a loaf pan (regular size about 9X3).
- Then pour the butter over the top.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 50 minutes.
- Check anywhere from 45 - 60 minutes since ovens vary.
- Take it out of the oven and let it sit about an hour before cutting. You can eat it right away but it may crumble a little. By letting it sit for a while you will get nice slices. We love it with stew or chili or plain with butter and jam.
I loved this bread, I usually buy a mix that is a bit expensive but I loved this so much I think I will make this one from now on. Thank you so much!!!
This is delicious. The result is very soft, not dry, so nice! And I get to use the beer my husband's friends bring home and he doesn't get to drink... :-)
Such an easy and good Beer Bread. I didn't really have the extra hour after work to let it sit as Carb Lover suggested, and so the bread did indeed crumble some - but no matter, it was delicious even crumbled!