Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Tasty thinly sliced beef steaks braised in beer. Very tasty and satisfying.
Make and share this Beer Braised Beef Steaks recipe from Food.com.
- Chop onion and garlic and set aside.
- Pound steaks with meat mallet.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Dredge in flour, and set aside.
- In a non stick pan, heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Fry steaks in oil just until brown.
- (If the pan gets dry add a little more oil.) Remove steaks from pan.
- While pan is still hot, add remaining 2 tables spoons of oil.
- Add chopped onion and let cook 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and let sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add beer.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in beer.
- Once the cube is dissolved, add steaks back to pan.
- Let everything slowly simmer for about 30 minutes or until braising liquid has thickened up.
- If sauce needs to be seasoned, season it after it has thickened.
A really tasty way to use up some frying steak we had festering in the freezer. Top notch!