Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Tasty thinly sliced beef steaks braised in beer. Very tasty and satisfying.
Make and share this Beer Braised Beef Steaks recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (1 lb) packagethinly sliced sandwich steak
- 12 ounces beer (I used Coors Banquet Beer)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 herb-ox beef flavor cube
- 1⁄2 onion, finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Chop onion and garlic and set aside.
- Pound steaks with meat mallet.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Dredge in flour, and set aside.
- In a non stick pan, heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Fry steaks in oil just until brown.
- (If the pan gets dry add a little more oil.) Remove steaks from pan.
- While pan is still hot, add remaining 2 tables spoons of oil.
- Add chopped onion and let cook 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and let sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add beer.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in beer.
- Once the cube is dissolved, add steaks back to pan.
- Let everything slowly simmer for about 30 minutes or until braising liquid has thickened up.
- If sauce needs to be seasoned, season it after it has thickened.
A really tasty way to use up some frying steak we had festering in the freezer. Top notch!