Prep 2 mins
Cook 1 hr
Tasty juicy chicken in just a few easy steps. Men love this chicken and love to make it!
- Preheat your outdoor grill.
- Remove chicken from packaging and rinse well with cold water.
- Don't forget to rinse out the hollow center of the bird also.
- Empty 1/4 of the beer into the sink or drink it.
- Put two tablespoons of the dry mesquite mix into the beer can.
- Rub the remainder of the package of dry mesquite mix onto the outside of the chicken.
- Place chicken onto the beer can so that the bird is standing upright and the beer can is in it's bottom.
- Turn one side of your grill to high, and turn the other side completely off.
- Place the bird standing upright onto the side that is"off".
- The bird will be ready in about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- This method of indirect grilling and the beer can inside the bird will make the most tender chicken you'll ever eat!
- Make sure to spin the bird around every so often so that it will brown evenly.
I have had chicken done this way at a friends bbq. Not sure if his rub was done this way, but the bird was delicious! thanks for posting!