Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
The Batter stays on the veggies and cheese. I got this recipe from a friend that does veggies at the local fairs.
- 1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- In deep fryer preheat oil to 375 degrees.
- Meanwhile, Mix soup mix,flour,baking powder,eggs,beer,and mustard until smooth and well blended.
- Let Batter rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Dip veggies or chilled mozzerella cheese carefully drop into hot oil.
- Fry turning once until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Serve warm.
Kym, These were so much easier to do than I thought they would be,I fried them in deep fat,and I did Cauliflower and Mushrooms.Very Good!!! Thanks for a good recipe, Darlene Summers