Recipe by Lainey39
If you would like to lighten this recipe a little, use ground lean turkey or chicken instead of the beef. Recipe is from Rachael Ray. This is great for those nights you want a satisfying but simple meal.
Top Review by Shelby Jo
This made for a nice easy supper. I made it exactly as directed except used a can of diced tomatoes instead of a fresh one. Next time I'll add more chili powder though...even though it has 1 1/2 tablespoons I couldn't taste much heat at all. Overall it kinda reminded me of smashed up nachos. Thanks so much for posting!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 poblano chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the poblano, onion and chili powder and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 4 minutes.
- Add the beef and cook, breaking up the meat, until the meat is just cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato and tortilla chips and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the meat mixture among 4 plates and top with the cheese.