Recipe by LizCl
A great and easy one dish meal when you're short on time and need something fast.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Super fast and the kids loved it, which is always five stars at my house! I omitted the green pepper and used whole milk instead of evaporated because I was out. Great recipe for a busy weeknight that's as easy as, and so much better nutritionally, than one of those boxed meals. Also cheap, using ingredients always on hand. I would suggest fresh garlic, because it does add so much flavor. Also found that the skillet should be covered while cooking the pasta. Thanks, Liz, for a great recipe!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper (optional)
- 2 cups dry elbow macaroni
- 2 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef. Drain off grease. Add olive oil, onion and green pepper and cook until vegetables are tender. Add pasta, water, tomato sauce, garlic,and salt.
- Cook for 14 to 16 minutes. Stir in evaporated milk.
- Bring to a boil; remove from heat.
- Stir in cheese.