1/3 Photos of Beefy Calzones
Sweet Diva's Note:
These calzones are very popular with my kids and DH. I make my own pizza dough and double the sauce to make sure we have plenty for dipping. I also frequently toss in 1 cup of frozen green pepper/ red pepper/ onion blend instead of the onion and bell pepper called for. I have made them with ground beef, but our favorite way is with leftover roast beef. Either way, they're good! These freeze well also.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb beef roast
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 (11 ounce) packages refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (8 oz.)
- 1In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook beef, onion, pepper and garlic until beef is no longer pink, stirring to break up meat;drain.
- 2Keep warm.
- 3In small skillet, over medium-high heat, heat tomato sauce, steak sauce & Italian seasoning to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 5Stir 1 cup tomato sauce mixture into beef mixture; set aside.
- 6Keep remaining tomato sauce mixture warm. Unroll pizza dough from 1 package; divide into 4 equal pieces.
- 7Roll each piece into 6 square; spoon 1/3 cup reserved beef mixture onto center of each square.
- 8Top with ¼ cup cheese.
- 9Fold dough over to form triangle.
- 10Press edges together, sealing well with tines of a fork.
- 11Repeat with remaining dough, filling & cheese to make a total of 8 calzones.
- 12Bake at 400* for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 13Serve with warm sauce. Garnish as desired. Serves 8.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beefy Calzones
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.8
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 60.6 mg
- Sodium 494.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 17.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
A.1. Original Sauce