Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Mexico meets Italy in this clever recipe, with flaky biscuit dough wrapped calzone-style around traditional taco fillings, from Recipe.com
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup black beans, drained (from 15-ounce can)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can biscuits, Grands Flaky Layers
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 5 tablespoons salsa
- 5 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 green onions, sliced, if desired
- lettuce, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat until beef is brown; drain.
- Stir in beans, tomato sauce and seasoning mix. Simmer 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until liquid is absorbed.
- Separate dough into 5 biscuits. Press or roll each to form 5" round. Spoon 1/2 cup meat mixture onto center of each flattened biscuit. Sprinkle cheese evenly onto biscuits. Fold half of biscuit over filling; press edges with fork to seal. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top with salsa, sour cream and green onions. Garnish with lettuce.
- Mexican chorizo sausage can be substituted for the ground beef. Cheese can be omitted from the recipe.