Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 2 1⁄4 lbs short rib of beef
- 5 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 5 teaspoons chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cooking sherry
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large green onion
- 1 bell pepper
- Choose beef ribs with little gristle or fat and cut into 6-7 cm length, Score each piece of meat deeply with a sharp knife several times so cooked meat will be easier to remove from bone.
- Combine soy sauce, sugar, onion, garlic, sesame seed, sesame oil, sherry and black pepper to make a sauce.
- Pour sauce over meat pieces and rub together with your hands so the beef ribs are well coated with seasonings.
- Broil meat in oven or a fire.
- Keep basting the meat with the juices.
- Divide the onion and pepper into 8 pieces each, skewer, baste with the seasoning mixture and broil with the meat.
This was really pretty good. I added all the ingredients it needed. The ingredients and directions were a bit confusing because the ingredients didn't say anything about how much sesame seed to use. The directions said to use sesame seed, but the ingredients did not say anything about sesame seeds. So, I used a tsp of sesame seeds anyway. Then, I mixed the meat in with the sauce and coated it with my hands. I then put it on the grill for about 10 minutes skewed on a skewer with onion and bell pepper. I used regular onions instead of green onions because I ran out, but we didn't eat them because we're not big fans of onions and green peppers by themselves. My son liked the bell pepper for some reason though. I really liked the flavor of the ribs.