Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great sandwich-it feels like you're eating in a deli!
- 2 slices rye bread
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto
- 4 slices deli roast beef, if desired (thin slices, (or more)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Place on slice of bread, butter side down in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Place mozzarella cheese on slice of bread and allow to melt.
- Once cheese has melted, place roast beef on top of cheese.
- Spread pesto on remaining slice of bread and place on top of roast beef, creating a sandwich.
- Immediately flip over sandwich, so as not to burn the bread.
- Let other piece of bread brown, about 1-2 minutes.
I made these two different ways - one with beef and mozzarella and then ham and mozzarella for the kids. We love paninis and these were very good. Thx. Made for Spring Pick and Chef 2011.
Really great sandwich. Used sun-dried tomato pesto because that's what I had. Cooked on panini grill. Thanks for this one KitchenKelly!