Recipe by KitchenKelly
This is a great sandwich-it feels like you're eating in a deli!
Top Review by mums the word
I made these two different ways - one with beef and mozzarella and then ham and mozzarella for the kids. We love paninis and these were very good. Thx. Made for Spring Pick and Chef 2011.
- 2 slices rye bread
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto
- 4 slices deli roast beef, if desired (thin slices, (or more)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Place on slice of bread, butter side down in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Place mozzarella cheese on slice of bread and allow to melt.
- Once cheese has melted, place roast beef on top of cheese.
- Spread pesto on remaining slice of bread and place on top of roast beef, creating a sandwich.
- Immediately flip over sandwich, so as not to burn the bread.
- Let other piece of bread brown, about 1-2 minutes.