Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
A dish from pakistan. The beef is tenderised by marinating in yogurt, the yogurt is also used as a cooking sauce. This is my daughters favourite curry. Siniah, my cook, taught me to cook this and it is wonderful.
- 1 lb beef, in 1-inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 pint yogurt
- 8 ounces ghee
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 ounces fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red chili pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- Rub the salt into the meat. In a bowl marinate the meat in the yogurt for 24 hours in the refridgerator.
- In a heavy pan melt the ghee and fry the onions till golden.
- Add the garlic and ginger and all of the spices, stir and cook for 5 mins over low heat.
- Add the meat and the yogurt mix and cook till the meat is tender about 50 minutes.
- Serve with a side dish of curried okra and boiled rice.
This was delicious, thanks. I used a lot less ghee. I also added ground almonds ( about 15 peeled almonds ground to a paste). I let it cook until the fat separates.
Another good recipe, BrianH. It was simple to prepare and very flavorful- reminded me of my dad's cooking! Thank you for sharing.
I made this for dinner & all of us enjoyded it they want me to do it again very soon thank's.Dan.