Easy make ahead dish that is full of flavor. Can substitute ground turkey or chicken for the beef. Can make ahead and freeze. From Lone Star Legacy cookbook.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Brown meat in large skillet. Drain and return to pan. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, and garlic. Simmer for a few minutes. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile cook noodles and drain. Combine hot noodles with cream cheese. Stir to combine and melt cream cheese. Add sour cream and green onions.
- In a 4 quart casserole, layer noodles, meat mixture, then top with grated cheddar.
- Bake for 30 minutes until bubbly.
- *If making ahead will need to increase cooking time.