Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I saw this on Everyday Italian starring Giada De Laurentiis. It looked yummy! Let me know what you think!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean ground chuck
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 portabella mushrooms, stems trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 ciabatta, squares halved horizontally (You can use foccacia as substitute)
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- Combine the ground chuck, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Shape the mixture into 4 (1/2-inch-thick) patties.
- Lightly drizzle both sides of the mushrooms with the oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix the mayonnaise, lemon juice, and garlic in a small bowl to blend. (The patties, mushrooms, and garlic mayonnaise can be prepared up to this point 1 day ahead. Cover them separately and refrigerate.).
- Prepare the barbecue (medium-high heat). Grill the burgers until cooked to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Grill the mushrooms until just tender, about 5 minutes per side.
- Grill the focaccia squares cut side down, until lightly toasted, about 2 minutes.
- Spread the garlic mayonnaise over the roll bottoms.
- Cut the mushrooms into strips and arrange the mushroom strips over the mayonnaise. Place the burgers atop the mushrooms.
- Spread garlic mayonnaise on the cut side of the tops and arrange a handful of arugula on each. Cover the burger with the roll tops and serve.
Very good, and easy. The garlic aioli was delicious, although next time I might bump up the garlic a little...we like it a lot!