Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another from my 'Good food for the Heart' collection. Low in fat and easy to make:)
- 4 lean beef schnitzel
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 4 -8 spinach leaves or 4 silver beet leaves
- 1 cup grated apple (leave the skin on)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Trim schnitzels of any visible fat.
- Spread each evenly with the first measure of mustard.
- Place a spinach or silverbeet leaf on top of each and trim to fit.
- Sprinkle over the grated apple and pepper.
- Roll each up 'swiss roll' style and secure with toothpicks.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and add the rolls.
- Cook gently, turning often to brown evenly, for approx 12-15 minutes.
- Add 2-3 Tablespoons of water if the pan starts to dry out.
- When cooked, remove from pan and keep warm.
- Blend the half cup of water with the second measure of mustard and the cornflour.
- Add this to the pan and stir well until it thickens.
- Add the rolls back in to coat with sauce or place rolls on warmed serving plates and top with the sauce.