Recipe by GibbyLou
From the Fast Diet Cookbook. I used 2% reduced fat cheese and Heart Smart Bisquick, otherwise made as directed. The recipe would definitely benefit from the addition of some more spices. Since the basic recipe is fairly neutral, you could probably add some taco seasoning to give it a southwest flavor or some Italian seasoning. I sprayed the bottom of the dish lightly with cooking spray and had problems with sticking.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup Bisquick
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the beef, mushrooms, onion, and bell pepper in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the salt and pepper, and cook until the meat is browned.
- Drain the fat, and then spoon the meat and vegetables into a lightly greased 8-by-8 inch glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the meat and vegetables.
- Whisk together the rest of the ingredients and pour into the dish.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serving size is 1 cup.