Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
for people who dont think ramen noodles are delicious
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 (3 ounce) packages beef-flavor ramen noodles
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed and drained
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce (i use soy if i run out of oyster)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Partially freeze beef and slice into thin strips.
- In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, apple juice and 2 teaspoons cornstarch and stir to blend. ( this becomes your noodle soaking liquid).
- Add sliced beef, stir, and set aside.
- Discard one of the seasoning packets. ( you only need one).
- Break ramen noodles into pieces and place in large bowl, sprinkle with contents of one of the seasoning packets and cover with 4 cups boiling water. Stir and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat.
- Add onion and stir fry until crisp tender, 2-4 minutes.
- Add broccoli and stir-fry until crisp tender, 3-5 minutes.
- Then add beef mixture and stir-fry until beef is cooked.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of the noodle soaking liquid, the oyster sauce, and 1 tablespoons cornstarch.
- Drain the ramen noodles, discarding remaining soaking liquid.
- Add the oyster sauce liquid to the skillet and bring to a boil.
- Add the drained ramen noodles.
- Cook and stir until the mixture is thickened and heated through.
This was really good! Quick and easy too! I made a couple minor changes. I used sliced pork (Needed to be used) and used sesame oil in place of the regular oil. I also added a bit of sriracha sauce for a little heat. I will make this again! Thanks for sharing! :)