Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is on this week's menu. From Pillsbury
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 1⁄2 cups tortilla chips, coarsely broken
- 1⁄2 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 medium green onions, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sliced olive
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Heat oven to 350.
- In 12 inch skillet cook beef over medium high heat until thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir in refried beans, salsa, and taco seasoning mix. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- In ungreased 2 quart casserole place 2 cups broken tortilla chips. Top evenly with beef mixture. Sprinkle with bell pepper, onions, 1 cup of the tomato, the cheese and olives.
- Bake uncovered 20 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly and cheese is melted. Top baked casserole with lettuce, remaining 1/2 cup tomato and remaininmg 1/2 cup tortilla chips.