Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A spicy modification of a long-standing family favorite.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 7 tabasco peppers, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) can baked beans, drained
- 3⁄4 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- cayenne pepper
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In skillet, brown beef, onion and peppers; drain.
- Stir in barbecue sauce, brown sugar and beans.
- Heat until bubbly.
- Pour into 2 1/2 quart casserole.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over top.
- In a separate bowl, combine Bisquick and milk; stir till smooth.
- Drizzle over casserole evenly.
- Sprinkle cayenne or red pepper over top for color.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
This was really good. DH thought it was a little too sweet for his taste, so I think the next time I make it I will omit the brown sugar. Thanks for a great recipe.
My DH made this while i was recovering from surgery. The only change he made was he used pickled jalapenos (didn't have tabasco peppers). Very tastey and simple. The kids loved it. It filled 4 us nicely with left overs to boot. They reheated nicely. Will make again especialy since i know he can make it,lol. Thanks for the post.