The men in my family just love this recipe. It's also something you can have on the dinner table in no time on a busy weeknight or any night!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (your favorite)
- 1 (16 ounce) can great northern beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can baked beans
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1In skillet, brown the ground beef, onions and green pepper; drain if needed.
- 2Stir in barbecue sauce, brown sugar and beans; heat until bubbly.
- 3Pour mixture into a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- 4Separate biscuit dough into the 10 pieces and cut each piece in half, forming half-circles.
- 5Place biscuits, spoke-fashion, over hot meat mixture around edge of casserole.
- 6Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes (watch so the biscuits don't burn too quickly).
- 7After 20 minutes, sprinkle the cheese over the biscuits and bake for about 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted and biscuits are golden brown.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef and Bean Round-Up
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 685.8
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 92.4 mg
- Sodium 1288.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 23.6 g
- Protein 36.8 g