Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
The men in my family just love this recipe. It's also something you can have on the dinner table in no time on a busy weeknight or any night!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (your favorite)
- 1 (16 ounce) can great northern beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can baked beans
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits
- 3⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- In skillet, brown the ground beef, onions and green pepper; drain if needed.
- Stir in barbecue sauce, brown sugar and beans; heat until bubbly.
- Pour mixture into a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Separate biscuit dough into the 10 pieces and cut each piece in half, forming half-circles.
- Place biscuits, spoke-fashion, over hot meat mixture around edge of casserole.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes (watch so the biscuits don't burn too quickly).
- After 20 minutes, sprinkle the cheese over the biscuits and bake for about 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted and biscuits are golden brown.
Originally I was gonna cut this recipe in half for just the 2 of us, but after reading it through, I just knew we'd enjoy it so much that we'd have no problems devouring the left-overs as well, & we didn't! Absolutely wonderful & so satisfying! Easy to put together, too, which is always a plus! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]