Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The men in my family just love this recipe. It's also something you can have on the dinner table in no time on a busy weeknight or any night!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (your favorite)
- 1 (16 ounce) can great northern beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can baked beans
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits
- 3⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- In skillet, brown the ground beef, onions and green pepper; drain if needed.
- Stir in barbecue sauce, brown sugar and beans; heat until bubbly.
- Pour mixture into a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Separate biscuit dough into the 10 pieces and cut each piece in half, forming half-circles.
- Place biscuits, spoke-fashion, over hot meat mixture around edge of casserole.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes (watch so the biscuits don't burn too quickly).
- After 20 minutes, sprinkle the cheese over the biscuits and bake for about 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted and biscuits are golden brown.