Recipe by Hoosier Margie
This recipe came in the mail with an offer for a cookbook. The offer went by the side of the road some time ago. Doesn't say what cook book.
Top Review by soulmatesforever
If I could give these a 5 plus I would. Wonderful! My husband loved these! Much better than reg tacos. I made Refried Beans by DiB's instead of buying the canned stuff. Will be making again thats for sure! Thank you for sharing.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced green sweet pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups taco sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 10 inches flour tortillas
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- shredded lettuce
- sour cream
- 1 tomatoes, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown beef in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Drain grease and add the onion, sweet pepper and corn.
- Cook for about 5 more minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the taco sauce and seasonings (chili powder, garlic salt and cumin).
- Stir and cook until blended and heated through.
- Set aside.
- Spread a thin layer of beans onto each of the tortillas.
- Spoon the beef mixture down the center and top with shredded cheese.
- Fold sides in and roll up, burrito style, and place seam side down onto a lightly greased jellyroll pan.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Bake for 15- 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with lettuce, tomato and sour cream.