Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This doesn't really use tournedos or filet mignon, just plain old flank steak. It's a relatively easy recipe for grilled roll-ups that are less expensive than steak. I have trouble finding flank steak anymore, but a great substitution I've found at Wal-Mart is a Latin American cut called milanesa.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- meat tenderizer
- 10 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Cook bacon until almost done but not crisp.
- Pound steak until it is less than 1/2 inch thick. Sprinkle with meat tenderizer.
- Sprinkle meat with pepper and two salts. Score diagonally (making shallow, diamond-shaped cuts).
- Flip steak. Place bacon strips lengthwise on steak. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Roll up and skewer with 8-10 sticks. Cut into slices.
- Grill 15 minutes on medium-high heat, turning once.