These are delicious! These quesadillas are filled with seasoned grilled chicken, a blend of Mexican cheeses, tomatoes, scallions and cilantro. I like to make these as a meal, but they could also be served as an appetizer. My husband and I always think we can eat one whole quesadilla each, but we always end up saving the rest for lunch the next day. My grandmother would say, "I guess your eyes were bigger than your stomach"! Well I say, "Here's to ambitious eyes, grandma!"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Mexican chili powder, hot
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1Chicken Preparation:.
- 2Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 3In a small bowl, combine seasonings.
- 4Pound chicken breasts to 1/2-inch thickness.
- 5Season both sides of chicken breasts.
- 6Grill chicken breasts for 8-10 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- 7Allow chicken to cool for 10-15 minutes and then slice into thin pieces.
- 8Chicken may be broiled instead of a grilled per your preference.
- 9Quesadilla Assembly:.
- 10On two dinner plates, place one flour tortilla onto each.
- 11Sprinkle each evenly with 1/2 cup shredded cheese (1/4 cup on each).
- 12Arrange sliced chicken breast evenly attop each cheese layer.
- 13Cover each chicken layer with tomato slices (6 slices on each).
- 14Sprinkle each evenly with cilantro (1 tbs. on each) and scallions (1 tbs. on each).
- 15Sprinkle each evenly with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese (1/4 cup on each).
- 16Top with remaining two flour tortillas (one on each).
- 17Cooking the Quesadillas:.
- 18While assembling the quesadillas, preheat an electric griddle to 350 F (or grill to medium-high heat). I use a griddle (rather than a grill) to cook quesadillas, as it is easier to turn them without losing their insides.
- 19Brush 1 tbs. olive oil onto the griddle, covering the surface.
- 20Brush the remaining 1 tbs. olive oil onto the top exposed flour tortilla.
- 21Gently slide each quesadilla from each dinner plate onto the griddle (olive oil-less side down).
- 22Cook for 5-7 minutes or until bottom tortilla begins to brown.
- 23With a large spatula, gently but swiftly turn each quesadilla to brown other side.
- 24Cook for 5-7 minutes or until bottom tortilla begins to brown.
- 25Remove to a cutting board and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- 26Slice into eighths.
- 27Serve immediately with garnish of your preference. I like to use sour cream, salsa or guacamole.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Becky's Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 651.5
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 104.6 mg
- Sodium 1306.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 44.7 g