Prep 40 mins
Cook 35 mins
Any dinner table benefits from the addition of this great Italian flavor!
- 1 (19 ounce) package Johnsonville Italian Sweet Sausage Links
- 8 ounces penne pasta, cooked and drained (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen garlic bread, ends removed and cut into 9 slices
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 medium roma tomatoes, cut into slices
- 9 fresh basil leaves
- Cook sausage links according to package directions; drain, cut into ¼-inch slices.
- In a large bowl, combine sausage slices, pasta, pasta sauce, water, basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese, pepper and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 9-in. x 13-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- Arrange garlic bread slices on top of meat mixture.
- Sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese.
- In a small bowl, dip tomato slices into olive oil.
- Place one slice of tomato on each piece of bread.
- Bake uncovered, at 400ºF for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with basil leaves. Serve.