Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Mexican pinto beans
Make and share this Beans Ala Charra recipe from Food.com.
- In pot, soak beans over night in the water to cover the beans.
- The next day, cook the bacon until crisp, over medium heat until done, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the onion, garlic, and jalapeño; cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chili powder and the cumin and cook for 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup of the water from the beans to this to loosen the crispy crumbs and put all in the beans. Bring beans to a boil; turn to med low and cook until tender, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until beans are soft.
- When beans are cooked, add the salt and cook 1 to 2 minutes more. Keep warm until ready to serve.