Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These yummy enchiladas can be a little messy to prepare, but are well worth it. They can be made ahead and stored by covering with saran wrap and placing in the refigerator. They make great leftovers.
- 3 soft taco-size flour tortillas
- 1 (10 ounce) canla victoria enchilada sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) canold el paso refried beans, jalapeno or regular
- 1 cup corn
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese or 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup diced green chilis (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat the bottom of a 9 x 9 inches baking pan with enchilada sauce.
- For each enchilada, brush both sides of the tortilla with enchilada sauce. Place in prepared pan.
- Spoon two large spoonfuls of beans into tortilla. Spoon three spoonfuls of corn on top of beans. Spread 1/2 cup of cheese over corn. Sprinkle 2 tsp of chilies on top, if using. Roll up enchilada.
- Repeat for the other two enchiladas.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce on the enchiladas. Sprinkle the remaining cheese and chilies on top.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Cut enchiladas in half and serve with spanish rice and/or my Cucumber Salad recipe.
- Serving size is 1/2 of 1 enchilada.
I used corn tortillas instead of flour because I didn't have any (too lazy to make homemade flour tortillas). I did have some frozen homemade enchilada sauce that was terrific (thanks to a Zaar recipe). Instead of folding this like an enchilada I left my tortillas as a layer in the pan after coating them in enchilada sauce and continued in layers. Just to kick it up a knotch as Emeril would say, I definitely used way more green chilies (7 ounces instead of 4), and I used half monterey jack and half habanero cheddar because I wanted to make sure it was flavorful and cleared my nostrils. This was very good, and I liked that it had ingredients I'd normally have on hand. Next time I make this, I want to use homemade refried beans...that's another day!
So fast & so easy! I am definitely saving this recipe. I used burrito sized flour tortillas and it made enough for 6 people. I saved one dish in the freezer for another day. I did not used diced green chilis because we are not into spices. Also, I only used 1 tablespoon of beans,corn, and cheese into each tortilla so that it folded nice. Great recipe!