Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From a church cookbook I got at a Friends of the Library booksale
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 lb lean pork or 1 lb beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 onions, cut into small chunks
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 green pepper, cut into small chunks
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 ripe avocado
- Place shortening in large fry pan.
- Cut pork or beef into 1" chunks.
- Brown in shortening for 4 or 5 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, lemon juice, sugar, and chunked onions.
- Drain pineapple into cup.
- Add water to make 1 and 1/2 c liquid.
- Add curry powder to liquid.
- Pour over pork or beef and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer about 20 minutes.
- Uncover and add green pepper, cook 4 minutes.
- Toss pineapple in and mix all together.
- Serve hot with rice.
- Slice avocado and arrange in strips over rice.