Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Simple to prepare, tastes wonderful!Great idea for camping
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder with parsley
- 1 dash liquid smoke
- dill (optional)
- 2 -3 trout
- Mix first 5 ingredients, let stand for at least an hour.
- Prepare your fish, I fillet and spread mayo mix on meat.
- Wrap in foil, grill on med-high for 3-4 minutes on each side, depending on the size of my fish.
This just didn't have any flavor. We are going to try something different next time. Sorry for the bad review.
Was glad to see this recipe posted. This is how I learned to cook both trout and salmon when growing up. I had never tried either onions or dill before. I added both this time, and while I did appreciate the addition of the dill, I did not care for the onions...more of a texture issue for me I think. It was cold here this afternoon, so I made these in the oven at 350 degrees covered with foil for 40 minutes, then uncovered 15 minutes, added more mayo mixture and cooked another 5 minutes...perfect! So will make again often and soon. Thanks again!