Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great summer time recipe from my sister-in-law. You can bake the shrimp either peeled or unpeeled. The recipe calls for unpeeled, but I like to have the shrimp peeled when I serve them.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce, of your choice (we like sweet baby rays)
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 lbs raw shrimp
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix first 7 ingredients, set aside.
- Put sliced onion and lemons in bottom of baking pan.
- Place shrimp in pan.
- Pour sauce mix over shrimp.
- Bake 20 minutes or till shrimp is done.
This shrimp dish was tasty and wonderfully easy to prepare. I used jumbo shrimp - unpeeled is best I believe because of the added flavour from the shells. It's fun to watch a good movie with these while you peel them and lick your fingers while you eat! Thank you for a great dish.
this was yummy! it makes for a nice change from the usual type bbq sauce, as it's lighter and not so smoky and tomato-y. there is a nice lemony flavor but it doesn't overpower. we made it with shell-on shrimp, and it definitely is lick-your-fingers food! serve with lots of napkins and some nice bread to help sop up the tasty sauce.