Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
BBQ hamburger with canned bisquits. I found this recipe about 4 years ago in a magazine. I love making this recipe because it is very simple and tastes very good.
- 1 package refrigerated buttermilk biscuit
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (I add a little more for flavoring)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Separate dough bisquits.
- Flatten into 5in.
- Press each into the bottom and up the sides of a greased muffin cup, set aside.
- In a skillet, brown ground beef; drain.
- In a small bowl mix ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar and chili powder.
- Stir until smooth.
- Add to meat and mix well.
- Divide the meat mixture among bisquit lined muffin cups using about 1/4 cup for each.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 375* for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan and serving.
We love this. Its amazing. We used balsamic vinegar instead of apple cider and used sriracha instead of chili powder and it was to die for.
Easy to make - mostly. I fought with the separating the biscuits a little. I also used a sloppy-joe recipe instead of the vinegar/chili thing which proves how versatile you can be! These are a snap to make and very, very good. Be nice for an appetizer (smaller muffin pan) or happnin' shin-dig!
This is delicious and guaranteed to disappear fast! Great as a snack or a light lunch.