Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I make these for my dogs.
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup non-fat powdered milk
- 1⁄3 cup brewer's yeast
- 1 egg
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (your favorite brand)
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 cup water
- In bowl stir together dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Blend together wet ingredients except water.
- Alternate water and dry ingredients mixing until you get a dough.
- Knead dough like you would bread.
- Use extra four for kneading.
- Roll and cut into shapes.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Cool before giving to your dog.
- Store in container.
- Makes about 24 large bones or about 60-70 small bones. Depends on what size cutter you use.